You might be thinking, summer is already overan it’s too late for our cool popsicle recipe.
Well, this was our entry for a food photography competition (which we won, YEY!). The theme was FROZEN. So it was anything frozen and not limited to food.
It can be ANYTHING. So we thought of making this popsicles and would like to share it with you.
So here’s the recipe and tell us what you think. Comment below for suggestions and feedback.
Yield: 8 pcs.
1/2 kilo Watermelon Wedge, take out the rind, cut into large pieces
1 cup Purified Water
1/8 tsp. Red Food Coloring
2 Tbsp. White Sugar
1 pc. Kiwi, peeled, cut into chunks
1/2 cup Purified Water
1 Tbsp. White Sugar
2 drops Green Food Coloring
8 Popsicle Sticks
1 set Popsicle Maker
- In a blender, combine everything for the red popsicle. Puree until smooth.
- Strain the red popsicle puree to smoothen the texture and filter the seeds.
- Fill your popsicle maker until 80% full. Freeze for 3 hours.
- After 3 hours, stick the popsicles in the middle to keep it standing straight. Refreeze for another hour to be sure its completely frozen.
- After being in the freezer for 4 hours, make the green popsicle puree similar to how we made the red. (Puree & Strain)
- After making the green popsicle puree, pour on top of the red and fill it to the brim. Make sure its completely frozen before pouring to prevent leaks on the side.
- Then refreeze for another 2 hours or overnight before serving.
- To unmold the popsicles, run the mold in lukewarm water and shaking the popsicles a bit to loosen.
*Got my popsicle maker in a Daiso Store